Fire Prevention Officer - Full Time
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Reporting to the Fire Chief, the successful candidate will:
- Develop, implement, provide, and evaluate fire prevention and public education programs;
- Conduct inspections and enforce the Ontario Fire Code and other relevant legislation and standards;
- Review various Fire Safety Plans and site plans, as assigned, with respect to code compliance and fire safety.
- Conduct post fire investigations and complete all relevant reports;
- Ensure that all suppression equipment is in a ready state at all times; and
- Be an effective team member whose contributions will assist in the achievement of organizational objectives.
Required education and work experience:
- Post-secondary education in Fire Inspection and Fire Safety Education, Fire Protection Engineering, or related program; certification related to fire prevention inspection; or, completion of applicable NFPA program and/or certification from the Ontario Fire College.
- Experience in fire protection inspection and/or enforcement or a related field.
- Experience in the design, function, installation, maintenance and operation of the following systems; sprinkler systems, standpipe and hose systems, fire alarm and voice communication systems, commercial cooking equipment ventilation and various fire protection systems.
- Possession of a valid Province of Ontario DZ driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Firefighting experience will be considered an asset.
A detailed job description listing all of the position’s requirements may be obtained on the municipal website: www.iroquoisfalls.com.
Please forward your confidential résumé, detailing current qualifications along with a covering letter stating the position you are applying for by Friday, March 16th, 2018, via email:email@example.com or mail to:
Town of Iroquois Falls
PO Box 230; 253 Main Street
Iroquois Falls, ON P0K 1G0
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will be collected for the principal purpose of determining an applicant's eligibility for potential employment.
The Town of Iroquois Falls is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for an applicant with a disability will be provided upon request.