1st or 2nd Class Operating Engineer (CPC-2023-04)
Hydromega Services Inc.
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Hydromega Services Inc., an independent clean energy
producer, owns and operates generating stations in Ontario and in Quebec
(principally hydroelectric but also thermal plants). Hydromega is currently
looking for a 1st or 2nd Class Operating Engineer for its Cochrane thermal power plant. Preference will be given to candidates with a background in management, in millwrighting or operating gaz turbines.
· 2nd Class Operating Engineer as a minimum but 1st Class preferred;
· Must have a minimum experience of 10 years in steam and/or gas turbine operations;
· Certificate or diploma of collegial studies in electromechanics, electrotechnology, electricity, processes and/or mechanics;
· Knowledge and experience with electrical circuits, PLC, hydraulic circuits and heavy machinery;
· Experience with IESO, HONI and TSSA processes;
· Must be able to interpret technical drawings (civil, mechanical, electrical), specifications and wiring diagrams;
· Basic knowledge of the operations of a generating station and good knowledge of the safety aspects;
· Computer and software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint);
· Excellent communication skills English – written or spoken – Working knowledge of French an asset.
· Makes appropriate recommendations according to the
analysis, problem solving, experience and good judgment;
· Pays special attention to the quality, to the rigor and the details of the work done;
· Works with method, knows how to organize his tasks and information, manage priorities;
· Is proactive, knows how to anticipate problems;
· Shows a desire for team work;
· Meets the physical requirements of the work such as working in deep or high places as well as in confined spaces;
· Is available for traveling from time to time;
· Possesses a valid driver’s license with a record in order permitting proper insurance policy;
· Impeccable integrity, which can be verified through a security investigation.
The position is based in Cochrane. A competitive salary and employee benefits will be offered to the suitable candidate.
Candidates who wish to apply may do so by sending their Resumé, along with an introduction letter, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to reference the job posting number in the object of your e-mail.
Job Expires: 2023-06-30