Aerodrome Operations Specialist
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000
Who we are
The Loomex Group is a North American group of companies that provides strategic, operational, and tactical services for clients across Canada and the United States, including airports and aerospace
industries, emergency services providers, private corporations, institutions, communities, and all levels of government.
We are seeking an aerodrome operations specialist for the Detour Lake Mine Aerodrome in Northeastern Ontario. The successful candidate will report to the aerodrome supervisor and support the day-to-day
operations and site safety of the airport.
In this position, you will work two weeks per month but will receive a weekly paycheque as part of an equal payment plan. You will also enjoy perks such as travel allowances, overtime, call-out pay, and
excellent meals and accommodations while on location.
Don't miss this exciting opportunity that will take you off the beaten path—come and join our growing team!
What you'll do
- Execute a work program that follows Transport Canada regulatory requirements and industry best practices regarding emergency response, wildlife management, winter maintenance, and the operation of all aerodrome maintenance equipment
- Complete winter and summer maintenance and by operating loader, grader, snow blower, and single and tandem axle trucks
- Use and perform minor maintenance on chainsaw, hand, and power tools
- Perform minor and preventative maintenance of airfield electrical systems, including preventative maintenance requirements for the job site
- Attend and participate in airport training and safety programs
- Perform minor maintenance of airfield equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Perform airfield/runway inspections
- Perform wildlife inspections and control
- Actively participate in the safety management system
- Assist with emergency response and security
- Provide aerodrome advisory services to air traffic and escort persons/vehicles airside
- Undertake below-wing activities, including but not limited to aircraft marshalling, aircraft ground handling, baggage/cargo handling and aircraft de-icing
What you'll bring to the table
- Grade 12 secondary school education
- Valid DZ license or equivalent equipment experience
- Equipment maintenance knowledge (421A/310T is an asset)
- Communication skills (written and verbal) to respond to customers and to interpret instructions and procedural manuals
- Computer skills
- Ability to analyze situations and solve problems effectively
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Clean driver's abstract
- Criminal record check
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 30 kg. and work standing for an extended period of time
- Full-time position with a "two weeks on, two weeks off" work schedule
- Standard weekly pay allows you to work two weeks per month and receive equal payments throughout the month
- Travel to Detour Lake mine is provided, departing from Timmins, ON, or Cochrane, ON
- An annual clothing and boot allowance is provided
- An annual health spending account is provided
- Excellent accommodation and meals are provided at Detour Lake mine
- Winter hours may vary based on snowfall
- Benefits include an annual health spending account and monthly fuel allowance
Interested in adding your talents to our team?
- Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- The salary for this role is between $60,000 and $66,560
- We are willing to offer airport-specific training to experienced machine operators.
We thank all those who apply. Please note that only those applicants who get selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Loomex Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local laws.