Best Western Swan Castle Inn - Laundry Washer/Laundry Attendant
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Terms of employment: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
Hours of work: Between 60-80hours of work on a bi-weekly period. Ability to communicate effectively with guests and associates
Job Description/Description de l’emploi
Role and responsibilities/rôles et responsibilitiés :
- Prepares, cleans, and delivers hotel linens in accordance with established standards to assure guest satisfaction.
- Sorts, pre-treats, washes, dries, presses, folds, and delivers hotel linens to departments as needed.
- Ensures washers and dryers operate properly and inform management or maintenance of any malfunctions or problems.
- Maintains linen cart and supplies in a neat and organized manner
- Responds to requests from guests and hotel staff in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Makes certain that the laundry area is kept clean and well maintained.
- Maintains a professional image through appearance and dress.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanour at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills/compétences préféréés:
- Basic knowledge of general laundry cleaning principles, use of laundry products, and operation of standard laundry equipment.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push, or pull heavy loads, and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift bundles of linen weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to push and/or pull wheeled carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and associates.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our hotel maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard for race, colour, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws.
Interested in this position can submit their resumes at:
Employer is offering benefits - Health, Dental coverage with competitive wages and a great working environment