Care Coordinator (#094-22)
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
JOB POSTING #094-22
POSTING DATE: April 8, 2022
JOB TITLE: Care Coordinator – Temporary, Full-Time
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: Community (TI CC IF-001)
BARGAINING AGENT: ONA
LOCATION: Iroquois Falls
LANGUAGE(S): English and French
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 6, 2022 to January 12, 2024
Home and Community Care Support Services North East offers a wide-range of quality health-care services and resources to support people of all ages at home, school or in community. In addition to planning, delivering and coordinating care for thousands of people each day in Northeastern Ontario, we also manage eligibility and admissions to long-term care homes, short stay respite, assisted living, and adult day programs. We need caring, motivated people who are driven to help others and make difference in their community, to join our multi-disciplinary team.
The Care Coordinator completes assessments to determine patient eligibility and coordinates ongoing services with service providers to address patient needs and ensure the most effective use of resources.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Relevant experience working in a health care environment;
- In-depth knowledge of home health care and other community resources within Home and Community Care Support Services North East;
- Demonstrated case management, assessment, and interviewing skills;
- Problem-solving, good judgement and decision-making skill and ability;
- Proven ability to prioritize professional duties, manage multiple patients, and efficiently organize workload;
- Established ability to accurately complete required documentation, reports, forms, and recommendations;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills;
- Proven ability to communicate information effectively through a variety of means;
- Effective listening, observation, and facilitation skills;
- Good understanding of the roles of other health care professionals affiliated with the Home and Community Care portfolio;
- Knowledge of funding agencies available to support patients;
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and professional guidelines set forth by the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Working knowledge of computer software and Microsoft Office applications;
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Advanced oral and written proficiency in English and French is essential.
Less qualified candidates may be considered. However, candidates who meet all requirements will be given priority for an interview.
Home and Community Care Support Services North East is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Please refer to posting #094-22 when applying.
Home and Community Care Support Services has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy across the province that requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants being considered for employment will be required to provide proof of vaccination documentation confidentially to Human Resources upon hire. Any medical or human rights exemption requests will be reviewed and validated prior to an offer of employment.