Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Position: Contract Administrator
Location: Matheson, Ontario (Black Fox Mine)
Job Category: Full Time – Permanent
Reporting to the Controller, the Contract
Administrator will be responsible for managing procurement contracts and
support procurement processes. The successful candidate would manage contracts
and work alongside the buying team for other buying activities. Key
responsibilities include working with operations and project managers to
provide the required goods and services, assisting the buying team with
contract tendering and awarding, and assisting finance and operations with
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Define business need – Analyze past spend, industry, and current and potential suppliers. Create strategy.
- Develop plan – Using sourcing strategy, create a formal plan which will govern how the contracted solution will be delivered. Include resources, deliverables, and timeline.
- Issue proposals and negotiate with suppliers – Prepare and publish request for tender. Coordinate supplier site orientation and host tender clarification sessions. Evaluate supplier tender responses. Coordinate supplier shortlist, negotiations, and supplier selection.
- Contract approval and execution – Select supplier and award contract (once approved). Complete and execute contract. Initiate site management of contract.
- Contract management – Manage contract compliance and performance, including measurements, data validation, performance reviews, audits, and continuous improvement. Lead variation request review and related contract adjustments. Certify supplier payment claims as required.
- Lessons learned – Assemble stakeholders to review contract / supplier performance.
- Contract review and close out – Facilitate contract extension, early termination, or expiry. Monitor and execute defects liability and warranty claims. Review contract outcomes and deliverables. Facilitate lessons learned and initiate process improvements.
- Support vendor and supply chain management
- Support the tendering process for operations and projects.
- Liaise with Corporate and legal counsel as required.
- Understand operational needs by working with department and project managers.
Qualifications and Skills Requirement:
- Experience with ERP software
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with the gold mining industry is a strong asset
- Several years of experience in contract negotiation and supply chain management
- Highly self-motivated and able to develop and maintain new strategies and processes
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume or request more information at:
Human Resources, McEwen Mining
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McEwen Mining values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.