Electrician and Generating Station Operator (CPC-2023-03)
Hydromega Services Inc.
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Hydromega Services Inc., an independent clean energy
producer, owns and operates generating stations in Ontario and in Quebec
(principally hydroelectric but also thermal plants). Hydromega is currently
looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Electrician and Generating Station Operator for its Cochrane and Kapuskasing locations.
Under the authority of the Manager - Operations & Asset Management, the Electrician and Generating Station Operator is responsible for the day-to-day troubleshooting and operation of the generating stations in order to maximize their long-term energy output. He is responsible for the daily maintenance and surveillance of all the electrical equipment and infrastructures. As such, he will be asked to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair wiring, lighting systems, instrumentation devices, rotating equipment, motor drives, stand-by power systems, power distribution equipment systems and associated control systems according to his electrical trade and participate in the troubleshooting of computer and telecommunications systems.
The Electrician and Generating Station Operator operates the generating stations and energy production equipment according to best practices and regulations in place, especially those regarding wildlife protection and public security as well as in accordance with the authorizations and permits received, contract to sell electricity and the interconnection agreement with the electrical network utility.
The Electrician and Generating Station Operator also supports and assists during planned maintenance outages, which are usually performed with sub-contractors. Other tasks (such as administrative, labor or mechanical tasks) may be added from time to time based on the needs of the moment.
· Certificate or diploma of collegial studies in electromechanics, electrotechnology, electricity, processes and/or mechanics;
· Certified electrician in the province of Ontario such as trade #442A or 309A;
· Must have a minimum experience of 5 years in generating station’s operations or industrial processes;
· Knowledge and experience with electrical circuits, PLC, hydraulic circuits and heavy machinery;
· Must be able to interpret technical drawings (civil, mechanical, electrical), specifications and wiring diagrams;
· Basic knowledge of the operations of a generating station and good knowledge of the safety aspects;
· Computer and software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint);
· Plans and executes his work autonomously;
· Shows much alertness, rigor and precision in his work;
· Works with method, knows how to organize his tasks and information, manage priorities;
· Is proactive, knows how to anticipate problems;
· Is not disturbed by unanticipated situations and adapts to urgent situations;
· Shows a desire for team work;
· Meets the physical requirements of the work such as working in deep or high places as well as in confined spaces;
· Is available for traveling from time to time;
· Possesses a valid driver’s license with a record in order permitting proper insurance policy;
· Impeccable integrity, which can be verified through a security investigation.
The Electrician and Generating Station Operator will normally work regular day hours but may be asked from time to time to work overtime (evening or week-end). Also, he will provide 24h/day on call coverage during his assigned week, in rotation with the other operators of the group. On-call responsibilities include initial generating station stabilization and systems troubleshooting and repairs. During that on-call week, Hydromega needs to be able to reach this individual within a reasonable amount of time. The ideal candidate will be based in Cochrane and travel to Kapuskasing about 40% of his time.
A competitive salary and employee benefits will be offered to the suitable candidate.
Candidates who wish to apply may do so by sending their Resumé, along with an introduction letter, to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Please make sure to reference the job posting number in the object of your e-mail.
Job Expires: 2023-06-30