Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Position Description: Are you looking to be a part of a team focused on advancing one of the largest undeveloped gold properties in Canada?
Moneta Gold is a Timmins-based gold exploration company focused on advancing its 100% owned Tower Gold project. Tower Gold is located just 100km east of Timmins along Hwy 101, and has the largest land position in the eastern Timmins Gold Camp, which is one of the most prolific gold-producing regions in the world, with over 85Moz of gold produced to date.
Moneta Gold’s Exploration team is seeking a dynamic Geologist to join our team. Reporting to the Project Geologist, the primary role of the Exploration Geologist is to contribute to the execution of our exploration programs through core logging, while also collaborating or leading the geological interpretation of our ore bodies. Preference is for this position is based in the Timmins / Black River - Matheson, Ontario, area; however, fly-in/fly-out on a 16/12, 10 hour day schedule will be considered.
Moneta Gold has committed to building a great culture, including a safe work environment and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. We offer a benefits package which includes a medical, dental, and vision plan, paid time off, and long-term incentives.
· Responsible to complete geological logging and collection of data from drill core and field projects
· Responsible for ensuring proper collection of exploration data
· Contribute to the geological interpretation of the Moneta gold deposits, including the development of geological maps, cross-sections, long sections and level plans, utilizing all available data.
· Collaborate with the resource modelling and database team to ensure geological interpretations and mineralization controls are properly captured in the resource models
· Implement and maintain systems and procedures required for the execution of all technical aspects of diamond drill programs, including core logging, core cutting, sampling, and QA/QC.
· Collaborate in the development of geological, geochemical and geophysical technical procedures to ensure they are fit for purpose and exceed industry standards.
· Collaborate in the development of exploration diamond drill and field programs
· Expected to compile, interpret and report program technical data as required as either technical reports or as presentations.
· Bachelor of Science in Geological Sciences required
· Minimum of three years of experience in gold exploration or mining is required
· Experience with Leapfrog Geo, MX Deposit, Geosoft, and Arc-Pro is preferred.
· Experience with Microsoft Office suite is required.
· A valid and clean driving record is required
· Physically fit; Ability to lift 40lbs is required
WHY WORK FOR MONETA GOLD?
Working at Moneta will be an exciting time as we grow exponentially. Be part of a team that can contribute greatly to how we will look in the future. A Company where you want your friends and family to join you. Great opportunity to use your trade, education and experience as well as develop new skills and abilities. Hit the ground running and develop your full potential with us!!!
Human Resources Contact: email@example.com