Giant Tiger is hiring a Student Cashier for our store in Cochrane
Summer / Student • Cochrane Region
Salary Range: $20,000 - $40,000
About this Opportunity
Recognized as an Employer of Choice, Giant Tiger’s retail stores provide dynamic work environments with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian-owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 60 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
We are hiring a Cashier for our store in Cochrane, ON!
Cashier, Job Highlights:
• Ensures a high level of customer service at the checkouts;
• Accurately records customer transactions in an electronic cash register.
Cashier, Job Requirements:
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
• Attention to detail.
• Strong customer service skills.
Cashier, Job Schedule:
• This position requires that you be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
Cashier, Physical Demands of Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to:
• Stand and/or walk.
• Bend, twist, and squat.
• Lift and/or move up to 18 kg (40 lbs.).
• Perform tasks involving firm grasping.
• Perform repetitive tasks requiring a range of hand motions.
• Reach above shoulder height and below waist level.
• Operate equipment, including using a ladder.
Giant Tiger is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.