Heavy Equipment Operators
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Heavy Equipment Operators
The Nuna Group of Companies is now accepting resumes for a versatile Heavy Equipment Operators for work located at our client site near Cochrane, Ontario.
Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks and mine construction contractor in Canada.
Nuna Logistics is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversity and for Community & Environment; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective and innovative operator in the north.
Successful candidates will have excellent skills running dozer, loaders, excavators or graders. Work hours will be limited to successful candidates who have demonstrated above average heavy equipment experience operating in large earthworks construction /projects settings.
- Must have experience with Dozers, Loaders, Excavators or Graders;
- Excavator (36T-50T)
- D6/D8 Dozer
- 930/988 Loader
- 14m Grader
- Previous experience operating above mentioned equipment in a road building, mining, and/or industrial settings;
- Previous experience with rotational schedules and remote camp life;
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Incorporates HS&E concepts into work activities and demonstrates concern for others health & safety (co-workers, clients, and sub trades)
- Performs pre-operational inspections, safety checks, test lifts and load chart calculations;
- Operates equipment safely and efficiently to meet production targets;
- Maintains equipment in good operating condition, reporting and logging maintenance requirements or concerns;
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members;
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Surface Miner CORE an asset. (Please submit copy with your resume)
This is a camp position and rotations are expected to be 2 weeks in / 2 weeks ( May also be 3 weeks in / 3 weeks out) out; 11.5 hour shifts. Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.
Nuna is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
Interested applicants are asked to apply online at http://nunalogistics.com/jobs.html
Only those with previous experience working on heavy civil earthworks projects will be selected for interviews.