Contract • Cochrane Region
Position: Implementation Accountant
Location: Matheson, Ontario (Black Fox Mine)
Job Category: Full Time – One Year Contract with Possible Permanent Placement
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Reporting directly to the Controller and indirectly to the corporate Finance Manager, the Implementation Accountant will support the implementation of a new ERP solution along with a new budgeting solution. The position will work closely with other subject matter experts on site to ensure the successful implementation of these finance solutions.
- Gain thorough knowledge of existing and
proposed solutions and business processes in the finance department around key
- General ledger structure and chart of accounts.
- Accounts receivable.
- Accounts payable.
- Project costing.
- Fixed assets.
- Period closing.
- Financial reporting.
- Management reporting.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Clean up, migrate, rationalize, and create new master data.
- Ensure data integrity and best practices in data transformation.
- Ensure site compliance with GAAP and corporate accounting guidelines.
- Support Internal Audit and External Audit recommendations as required.
- Create and disseminate training materials to subject matter experts.
- Support other implementation requirements as directed.
Qualifications and Skills Requirement:
- Post-secondary degree in accounting.
- Professional accounting designation CPA CA, CGA, CMA preferred.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent leadership capabilities, and excellent problem identification and solving skills.
- 5-7 years of experience in the mining industry preferred.
- Exceptional computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in Sage AccPac or Microsoft Dynamics 365 is an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume or request more information at:
Human Resources, McEwen Mining
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McEwen Mining values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.