Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Mill Accountant is responsible for generating invoices, reviewing AP batches, and the collection, entry, analysis, and presentation of company operational and financial data to facilitate the daily decision making process through all parts of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
General Accounting Duties:
· Responsible for weekly reporting and analysis of operational functions to be presented in a dashboard format to management
· Prepare additional analytical and financial reports as requested
· Review and post AP batches created by AP Clerk
· Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
· Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
· Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly and annual closing
· Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
· Generate and send out invoices
· Post customer receipts and apply to invoices
· Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
· Research and resolve payment discrepancies
· Prepare new customer credit files for management approval
· Prepare weekly Accounts Receivable analysis
· Provides support for shipped order documentation
· Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Skills Requirement:
· Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
· Must have excellent communication skills with customers and employees at all levels of the organization
· Ability to coordinate projects and work with all levels of management
· Must be detail oriented and able to concentrate on tasks in an environment filled with distractions and interruptions
· Excellent typing and data entry skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft products; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
· Post-secondary degree/diploma in business
· Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
· Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions and percentages to practical solutions
The ability to work positively with a team of professionals and technical people in a changing, creative and energetic environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type, sit at desk, climb stairs, and lift and carry small packages.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works with a computer and may sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also expected to walk short distances and climb stairs. The work environment may be loud, damp and hot and/or cold.
Statement of Job Description:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.