Mill Electrical Leader
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Position: Mill Electrical Leader
Location: Matheson, Ontario (Black Fox Mine/ Mill Site)
Job Category: Full Time – Permanent
The Mill Electrical Leader will report to the General Manager and will work closely with the Maintenance Coordinator to advise technical, maintenance and operations departments on electrical matters to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation and ensure compliance to provincial and federal codes and standards.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the electrical infrastructure and overseeing the preventative and predictive efforts to ensure that our Mill meet operating cost and availability targets.
- Plan, direct, organize and supervise all electrical staff activities.
- Schedule, prioritize and manage all preventative maintenance for all electrical equipment and installations at the Mill site.
- Oversee all instrumentation, PLC’s across operation (e.g. backfill system and conveyors).
- Prepare for power distribution.
- Conduct audits of systems, equipment and maintenance programs on a regular basis.
- Maintain all documentation, drawings and plans for equipment, power distributions, etc. up to date as changes are made.
- Manage and control department expenditures within agreed budgets, and consult with corporate and project managers about budget needs.
- Liaison with mill operations to identify and correct reliability and productivity issues and/or participate in root cause analysis and incident investigations teams.
- Management of business improvements regarding automation and innovation in all electrical aspects,
- Review progress and approve proposals/costs related to Mill electrical.
- Report to and participate in daily, weekly and monthly production and mill planning meetings.
- Participates in appropriate training and complies within the scope of their responsibilities within the Environmental Management System.
- Works in compliance with McEwen Ontario’s safety rules and the internal responsibility system.
Qualifications and Skills Requirement:
- Valid Ontario inter-provincial electrical trade qualification.
- 5 - 10 years of experience, preferably in Mill mining or similar environment is required.
- Self-starter with a solid technical background and proven troubleshooting skills.
- Good safety knowledge and understanding with the ability to recognize hazards and situations that may cause problems.
- Minimum of five years of Leadership Roll Position.
- Ordering of material needed to perform tasks.
- Demonstrate proper use and care of tools, a working knowledge of rigging and overhead crane operation.
- Ability to splice and terminate up to 4,160 volts cables.
- Ability to properly use Megger (R) type insulation testers on cables, motors, transformers and other electrical equipment.
- Ability to size motor leads, starters and other protective devices for installation.
- Ability to size cables and protective devices for distribution systems.
- Knowledge of general lockout, high voltage switching, lockout and grounding procedures.
- Ability to properly use a multi-meter.
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams, blueprints and electrical systems for Mill
- Equipment as VFD’s, Soft Starts, Magnetic Starters and PLC’s.
- Installation; splicing and connecting wires; installing switches, circuit breakers and lighting fixture; and testing after installation.
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment.
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair.
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs on electrical equipment and keep maintenance records.
- Repair and maintain all electrical equipment.
- Maintain communications and telecommunications systems for Mill Equipment.
- Ensure safe work practices.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume or request more information at:
Human Resources, McEwen Mining
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McEwen Mining values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.