Mine Planner & Scheduler
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Position: Mine Planner and Scheduler
Location: Matheson, Ontario (Black Fox Mine)
Job Category: Full Time – Permanent
This position will report directly to the Senior Mine Planner. Ensures the safe and economically sound development and operations of the underground mine. The role combines an understanding of the effects of these structures on their surrounding environment and technical knowledge.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and present a detailed 2-week mining schedule that supports 3-month plan objectives on a weekly basis.
- Produce driving layouts based on the conceptual designs and updated geological information.
- Daily tracking of all mining activities on site.
- Produce layouts for mine services (e.g., electrical holes, fresh air raises, de-watering holes, waste/ore passes).
- Assist with longhole stope drilling, blasting and backfilling layouts when needed.
Qualifications and Skills Requirement:
- University Degree in Mining or Diploma in Mining Technology.
- 1-3 years’ experience in an underground mine setting.
- Possess Basic Underground Hard Rock Common Core.
- Must be familiar with narrow vein and transverse mining methods.
- Well-developed computer skills, specifically with software such as AutoCAD / Amine, and MS Office.
- Experience with Deswik will be considered an asset.
- The capability to work positively with a team of professional and technical people in a changing, creative and energetic environment is critical.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume or request more information at:
Human Resources, McEwen Mining
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McEwen Mining values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.