Planning Officer/Chief Building Officer-Town of Iroquois Falls
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Reporting to the Director of Planning, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the
Municipality’s planning, licencing, building, permitting and inspection services and bylaw service
functions. This includes the functions of a Building Inspector as defined in the Ontario Building
Code Act and Regulations and Town by-laws but is not limited to conducting inspections and
enforcing occupancy standards for new dwellings, alterations, additions, renovations, and
demolitions in accordance with provincial legislation and local by-laws.
Required education and work experience: •
- Minimum of a two-year post-secondary Degree and/or Diploma in Architecture, Architectural Technology or Engineering Technology, or equivalent. •
- Minimum of two years of Ontario Building Code inspection/plans examination experience; or related work experience. •
- Requires extensive knowledge of the Ontario Building Code Act and Regulations, Property Standard By-Law and applicable Federal and Provincial Laws. •
- Certified Building Code Official with the Ontario Building Officials Association is an asset. •
- Successfully completed the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing courses: General Legal/Process for Inspectors; House; HVAC – House; House – Plumbing; Small Buildings; Large Buildings; Complex Buildings; Plumbing – All Buildings; Building Services; Building Structural; Detection, Lighting and Power. • Experience in a rapidly growing municipality in which the overall volume of work and complexity of projects is evolving. •
- Experience administering and interpreting municipal zoning by-laws and Official Plan. •
- Thorough working knowledge of applicable Acts/Regulations/Standards/Legislation; i.e., Occupational Health & Safety Act and Ontario Building Code Act; ability to interpret detailed blueprints/drawings and specifications. •
- Ability to physically perform on-site building inspections. •
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications. •
- Excellent communication (written, oral and interpersonal), analytical, problem-solving, organizational, public relations, customer service and time management skills. •
- Valid Class G Driver’s Licence in good standing.
A detailed job description listing all of the position’s requirements may be obtained on the municipal website: www.iroquoisfalls.com.
Please forward your confidential résumé, detailing current qualifications along with a covering letter stating the position you are applying for by 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 1st, 2024, via email: email@example.com or mail to: Town of Iroquois Falls Attn: Maureen Reeder PO Box 230; 253 Main Street Iroquois Falls, ON P0K 1G0 We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will be collected for the principal purpose of determining an applicant's eligibility for potential employment. The Town of Iroquois Falls is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for an applicant with