PROCESS PLANT MAINTENANCE MECHANICAL SUPERVISOR
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Location: Detour Lake Mine
Rotation: 15 days on, followed by 13 days off
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Detour Lake Mine site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Process Plant Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor to join our Process Plant Maintenance team reporting to the Process Plant Maintenance Superintendent.
Detour Lake is the second largest gold producing mine in Canada with the largest gold reserves and substantial growth potential. The open pit mine is located in northeastern Ontario, approximately 300 kilometres northeast of Timmins and 185 kilometres by road northeast of Cochrane, within the northernmost Abitibi Greenstone Belt.The mine is situated in the area of the historic Detour Lake open pit/underground mine operated by Placer Dome which produced 1.8 million ounces of gold from 1983 to 1999. The Detour Lake operation has a mine life of approximately 22 years with an average gold production of 659,000 ounces per year.
The Process Plant Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor will be responsible for leading a team in daily mechanical maintenance activities, ensuring that equipment is operational and meets safety standards to achieve all production objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and provide expertise for mechanical maintenance activities related to all areas of the process plant;
- Provide safety leadership, develop and implement standards and procedures that meet all statutory/regulatory requirements and ensure the safe, efficient execution of tasks;
- Coach, mentor and develop the team members in best practices to ensure asset reliability and optimize uptime in order to deliver on production targets;
- Assist with planning and sequencing weekly maintenance schedule to ensure all activities are prioritized and executed in safe, efficient manner;
- Assist in the preparation of mechanical maintenance operating cost forecasts, budgets, and monthly maintenance reports.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Ontario provincial or inter-provincial (Red Seal) trade certificate;
- Ten years’ experience in a maintenance capacity;
- Minimum five years’ experience in a supervisory role;
- Experience working with SAP or similar Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is considered an asset;
- Experience in mineral processing, specifically with crushers, SAG and ball mill circuits;
- Maintenance planning experience is considered an asset;
- Sound interpersonal and management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate a team of employees.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Travel Allowance
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.