Recreation & Youth Coordinator
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Taykwa Tagamou Nation
Reports to: Director of Health
About the Role:
Under the supervision of the Director of Health, Taykwa Tagamou Nation is seeking a highly motivated, confident, organized professional individual to be responsible and accountable for the ongoing planning, development, facilitation and evaluation of, where required, all sport, recreation, healthy living, and leisure programs for implementation in the community for all ages and abilities. He/she will promote programs, provide assistance to community-initiated programs as needed including through advertising and promotional efforts. He/she will evaluate existing programs, complete needs assessments to determine the programs that are required and facilitate the creation and implementation of the most appropriate programs for youth and their abilities.
- Will monitor and maintain any equipment and facilities in the community;
- Develop, coordinate, promote and evaluate recreational programs for all ages and abilities;
- Establish and maintain appropriate public relations in the community;
- Respond to community needs and public inquiries/complaints as they relate to recreation programming;
- Promote and publicize all recreation/leisure programs/services through the incorporation of media sources, and direct customer/community contact;
- Develop, recommend, and implement recreation programming-based policies and procedures;
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Diploma and/or Certificate in Sports, Recreation/Leisure or Fitness Management;
- 1-2 years’ experience in recreation programming;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and be flexible to travel;
- Must possess a valid class G driver’s license;
- Must have strong interpersonal skills;
- Advanced knowledge and experience with productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Power Point;
- Superior time management skills and multi-tasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
Taykwa Tagamou Nation offers a competitive compensation package subject to qualifications and experience; group medical insurance: extended health, dental, life, AD&D and Pension Plan benefits.
Submit Letter of Application, Resume and three recent work references (one being from your most recent supervisor/manager) and must include copies of Certificate(s) of Qualification no later than:January 22, 2021 @ 4:30
A complete work description is available upon request. Preference and Priority will be given to Taykwa Tagamou Nation Applicants. We wish to thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Erin Iserhoff, Human Resource Generalist
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 705-272-5785
By mail: P.O. Box 3310, RR#2, Cochrane, ON. P0L 1C0
Posted: January 8, 2021