Full-Time • Cochrane Region
The Nuna Group of Companies is now accepting resumes for ONTARIO BASED - Safety Coordinator(s) with large earthworks and construction projects experience.
Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks and mine construction contractor in Canada.
Nuna is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversity and for Community & Environment; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective and innovative operator in the north.
These positions are located on our project sites located at our mine site project in ONTARIO CANADA
Flights to site are not available at this time and candidates will be responsible to drive to Cochrane Ontario. Therefore, ONTARIO BASED SAFETY COORDINATORS ARE DESIRED.
- NCSO, CSP or CRSP Designation
- 5+ years’ experience working in heavy civil earthworks environment, preferably in Northern Canada.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite applications such as Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint. Ability to create, maintain and perform data management in Excel spreadsheets is a requirement.
- Excellent leadership skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and speak publicly to workers and leaders.
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate.
- Valid CANN-AMM DOT Urine Collection and Screening Technician and Breath Alcohol Technician will be considered an asset.
- Administer the site's Safety Program on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintain the required Job Hazard Analysis, Standard Operating Procedures, and Safe Work Procedures and ensure they are distributed to the necessary Nuna / Client / Customer personnel, and then filed in the appropriate locations for employee access.
- Review work sites, equipment, procedures and practices with the intention of identifying and correcting hazards.
- Identify, deliver and administer all required safety training for supervisors and employees.
- Post all Safety bulletins, Safety Posters and Safety rules and Regulations.
- Assist Project Manager(s) in accident investigations, analysis and preparation of accident
reports and summaries.
- Ensure that all pertinent safety reports are submitted as required.
- Prepare a description of identified unsafe conditions and the steps taken to correct these
- Prepare a copy of inspection reports on equipment.
- Prepare a copy of Field Safety Inspection check-list.
- Ensure that corrective action has been taken whenever deficiencies are identified.
- Review accident reports to keep up to date on the project and the Company's safety
- Conduct site orientation for new site employees including contractors.
- Undertake other duties as requested from time to time by the Project Manager.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs).
- Uphold safety policies and promote safety awareness through day to day attitudes and actions.
- Ensure that the job site is safe, free of hazards and / or dangerous conditions prior to the commencement of any work.
- Attend scheduled crew change meetings as sponsored and required by the Company.
- Utilize the safeguards, safety appliances and personal protective equipment or devices provided pursuant to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, including the Mines Act of the province or territory in which your workplace is located.
- Read, understand and enforce Nuna’s IHSEMS.
- Ensure all employees are Fit for Duty.
- Workers receive site specific orientation and general safety training.
- Workers possess and use appropriate PPE.
- Workers are properly trained prior to operating equipment or machinery.
- Workers are attentive and mentally aware, free from the effects of drug and alcohol
- Lead the conduct of Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs) with your team and ensure employees perform JHAs when required.
- Investigate all health, safety and environmental incidents to learn root causes. Share lessons learned to help prevent future incidents.
- Conduct daily inspections of the workplace.
Safety Coordinators with experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator TRAINER are desired. Additional duties such as are considered a huge asset:
- Previous experience as a heavy equipment trainer or experience as a heavy equipment operator (dozers, loaders, excavators, graders, haul trucks, etc.)
- Assess heavy equipment operators on various pieces of equipment and be able to review, analyze and sign off on their capabilities.
Rotation: Rotation are expected to be 2 weeks in / 2 weeks out; 12-hour shifts
Rate: Competitive hourly rate with Overtime, Full benefits including Company RRSP,
Nuna is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
Interested applicants are asked to apply online at http://nunalogistics.com/jobs.html
We thank all who apply but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.