Senior Mine Engineer-McEwen Mining Inc-Matheson
Full-Time • Cochrane Region
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, the Senior Mine Engineer is responsible for
assisting as well as leading the mine engineering department in the design and scheduling of the
underground mine development. They must be a committed team player with a strong knowledge of
and dedication to safety and production methods. Other duties will be assigned as per operational
The list of duties and responsibilities below is not exclusive or exhaustive, and the employee will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position. All employees are required to be professional, cooperative, and flexible in line with the requirements of the position.
- Operational Planning & Technical Execution
- Completion of the long term mine planning and scheduling.
- Assisting with reviewing and completing Underground mine design and planning.
- Design and maintain mine ventilation and ground support systems.
- Reviewing ventilation and ground support, production methods, mine design, materials handling, and manpower requirements
- Assist in managing the technical department’s personnel.
- Take up Technical Services Superintendent duties when they are offsite. General Administration and Controls
- Assist in developing mine budget and ensure it is adhered to through cost control.
- Mine ore reserve estimation.
- Promotes operating and capital cost reductions, reduces waste and operational delays.
- Analyze and make recommendations to improve mine operating performance.
- Promote health and safety requirements in the engineering department.
Qualifications and Skills Requirement:
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable means of transportation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills. Strong problem-solving skills while working under pressure requiring immediate response to issues. Ability to interact with a wide variety of departments/roles.
- Mining Engineer Degree
- 5-8 years of mine planning, engineering & project experience.
- Must be familiar with long hole and cut/fill methods of mining.
- Well-developed computer skills, specifically with software such as Deswik, VentSim, AutoCAD /Amine, and MS Office.
- Must be registered with the Professional Engineers of Ontario or be eligible to register for their Professional Engineer of Ontario Diversity and Inclusion McEwen is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our communities, in which we live and work. To apply for this position please email your resume to: email@example.com To find out more information about McEwen mining please visit us at: www.McEwenmining.com McEwen thanks all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the