Therapeutic Family Home Parents
North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services / Services à la famille et à l’enfance du Nord-Est de l’Ontario
Contract • Cochrane Region
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000
North Eastern Ontario Family and Children's Services (NEOFACS) is seeking Therapeutic Family Homes in the Cochrane (2) and Timiskaming (1) Districts.
Are you looking for a rewarding and flexible career? Are you interested in making a genuine difference in the lives of children and youth?
If so, consider becoming part of an exciting new service being offered by North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services. We are looking for independent service providers to become Therapeutic Family Home Parents.
The Therapeutic Family Home Program (TFHP) provides safe and nurturing home environments to children and youth with behavioural and/or emotional health needs. House parents provide therapeutic care in their own home to a maximum of two children or youth between the ages of 8 and 17 with the support and guidance of NEOFACS’ clinical team.
Approved Therapeutic Family Homes are independent service providers who enter into a service contract with North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services.
We are looking for a home in each of our service areas: North, Central and South.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimally, one house parent must have a post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline such as Social Work, Psychology, Child and Youth Worker, Social Services Worker, or Child Development Studies. Other relevant diplomas or degrees may be considered.
- Experience supporting children/youth with complex needs and their families is an asset.
- A minimum of one stay-at-home parent is required.
- Ability to form trusting and supportive relationships is essential.
- Ability to assess, plan and implement a personalized approach to service delivery within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary and collaborative environment.
- Proven flexibility and ability to make a significant time commitment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle.
- Recent satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector.
North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services offers Therapeutic Family Home service providers competitive financial compensation, ongoing training and learning opportunities, 24-hour support by agency staff, and a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and youth.
If you are interested in becoming a Therapeutic Family Home Program provider, please call 705-360-7100 ext. 5719 or visit www.neofacs.org/TFHP to learn more about the opportunity.
To apply to become a Therapeutic Family Home Parent, please submit your resume, indicating “Therapeutic Family Home Program” on all correspondence, to:
Competition Closing Date: The competition will remain open until successful candidates are selected, or until the competition is closed.
North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services only accepts resumes that are received by the email address above. We thank everyone for their interest in North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NEOFACS is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Working together for the well-being and safety of children, youth and families.