Truck Driver(On Call)-Wahgoshig Resources Inc. Matheson
Casual / Temporary • Cochrane Region
The Truck Driver will haul various materials commercially and privately.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for basic vehicle maintenance functions such as fuel and lube, grease etc.; comply with all safe work practices, policies, and processes always.
- Must be familiar with paper and electronic logs.
- Complete daily inspection checklists
- Pre inspect truck.
- Must follow safe driving practices and follow all Ministry of Transportation regulations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with OHSA and company health & safety regulations.
- Perform and maintain an Hours-of-Service logbook as required by Provincial Legislation
- Tarp and ensure safety and security of cargo.
- Assist with loading and unloading cargo.
- Follow traffic legislation.
- The Truck Driver must be willing to work after hours and on weekends. Rotating on-call schedule with two other drivers to prevent 27/7, 365. Hours will vary and are not regular at this time.
Skills and Qualifications
- MOT drivers abstract and insurance abstract.
- Possess a DZ License
- Willing to take a Drug & Alcohol test.
- Certificate from an accredited CDL school
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 21 years old or older
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong observation and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operang and maintenance instrucons, and procedure or legal manuals.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO: HR@wahgoshigresources.com